Airpods Max are Apple’s premium earphones , combining stylish design, active noise cancellation, and great music quality. But, this device is not without its problems , as it is possible for it to have faults and not work properly.
As is always the case with electronic devices, factory reset or reset can fix these issues without the need to go to an Apple Store, and here’s how you can do it.
How to factory reset Airpods Max
Despite the constant updates that Apple releases for its Premium headphones, the devices are not exempt from connection problems or some of the functions do not work properly, where the most common is that the battery does not last as long as it should.
Before you send them to Apple, you should know that most of the problems with the Airpods Max are solved by restoring them to the factory , and the truth is that it is a fairly simple process:
- Charge the Airpods Max before doing the process to avoid problems.
- Press the digital crown and the sound control button at the same time.
- Keep them pressed for a period of 15 seconds. You will see the light next to the charging port turn amber and then white.
- Release the buttons immediately.
After completing this process, the device must be linked to the iPhone or iPad again , as well as the iCloud account. Once these steps are done, try again if the headphones work and if the problems have been fixed.
How to restart Airpods Max
In the event that you don’t want to completely reset your Airpods, you can restart them, or as Apple mentions, ‘turn them off’. Although it may not work in all cases, this step is recommended as a first option or simply for those who want to fix delays or recalibrate the battery :
- Press and hold the Digital Crown and Sound Control buttons at the same time.
- You must hold it down for less than 12 seconds.
- Once the light flashes amber, immediately release the buttons, and the Airpods will have completely rebooted.
If you keep pressing the buttons, your headphones will reset as we explained in the first part of the text. Rebooting the device can be the quick and a bit safer option to fix the most common Airpods Max issues .
Finally, we recommend that you always keep your headphones updated , having the automatic update option activated. Each update tends to fix some common problem so you don’t have to do a factory reset. If the problems are not fixed, then it is recommended to take them to an Apple Store for a complete review.