Sunken dark circles appear in the form of furrows under the eyes, which cause slight depressions in the skin and cause a tired look effect, according to the Aesthetic Clinics website.
Dark circles are generally caused by fatigue, and according to the Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit organization dedicated to clinical practice, education and research, these are other of the most frequent causes of true circles under the eyes: allergies ; atopic dermatitis (eczema); contact dermatitis; hay fever (allergic rhinitis); hereditary factor; skin pigment irregularities; rubbing or scratching your eyes; sun exposure, which causes the body to produce more melanin; the pigment that gives skin its color; skin changes that occur with aging.
For this reason, Harper’s Bazaar magazine revealed that a homemade trick to eliminate them almost permanently and you only need a roller that incorporates microneedles, which can be purchased at beauty retailers.
Thus, the roller should be used every day. Before doing so, the face should be lubricated so that the roller has a better movement and will not hurt the skin. In addition, this must be passed vertically, horizontally and diagonally, but without applying much pressure.
In the same way, the microneedles that the roller incorporates will allow the skin to open its pores and thus absorb other homemade tricks that help improve dark circles, such as, for example, putting slices of cucumber, since this food is 97% water and contains antioxidants, natural oils and minerals that make it a great ally to moisturize, repair and protect the skin . In addition, it is a rich source of vitamins A, C and E, so it helps eliminate toxins from the skin, leaving it clean and bright, according to the health portal Better with Health.
However, for it to take effect, you have to leave the cucumber in the fridge for an hour and then cut it into slices and put it on your eyes for 25 minutes.
Another suggestion to reduce wrinkles after massaging with the roller is with chamomile, since this plant, native to Europe , is attributed anti-inflammatory and sedative properties. Another of its characteristics is that it is vasodilator, which means that it produces relaxation of the blood vessels, which allows the blood to flow more easily.
Consequently, to remove dark circles you need two chamomile tea bags and a cup of water. Then, the water must be boiled to add them there; then, they are left to rest for five minutes. Next, the chamomile tea bags are taken out and put on a plate, and the water and the chamomile bags are placed in the fridge. When the infusion is cold, moisten a cotton ball and apply it to the dark circles. When the skin is dry, it is recommended to put the tea bags over the eyes for about 15-20 minutes.
It should be noted that dark circles under the eyes are the most difficult to eliminate, but the Mayo Clinic indicated that they respond well to simple and inexpensive treatments, such as:
- Cold. Dilated blood vessels under the eyes can contribute to dark circles. Putting a cold compress, a cold teaspoon, or a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a soft cloth on the area helps these blood vessels to constrict.
- More pillows. Elevate the head with two or more pillows to prevent swelling that occurs when fluid accumulates in the lower eyelids.
- Sleeping more. While not getting enough sleep isn’t the cause of dark circles, lack of sleep can make your skin look paler , making the shadows and dark circles you already have more noticeable.
- Reduce fluid intake before bedtime and salt in the diet. This will reduce fluid retention that can cause bags under the eyes.
- No Smoking. Smoking can worsen the problem of bags under the eyes.